Post – LEEP Instructions
- It Is normal to have some mild cramping after your procedure. You may take medications like Ibuprofen ( Advil, Motrin- up to 600 mg every 6 hours) and /or acetaminophen ( Tylenol- as directed on bottle) to help reduce the discomfort cramping.
- You may have some light bleeding after the procedure. Please contact the office if you soak more than one pad per hour. A brownish-black discharge (coffee ground texture) with light bleeding for the first week is normal. You may not notice any of these symptoms. That is ok too.
- Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous exercise for 1 week.
- Do not use tampons for 2 weeks. Use pads during this time.
- Do not have intercourse for 2 weeks.
- Shower, rather than taking tub baths. No swimming, Jacuzzis, or hot tubs for 2 weeks.
- You will receive a prescription for Flagyl, an antibiotic that treats bacterial vaginosis (BV). BV is a bacterial overgrowth that sometimes develops in the vagina after a LEEP procedure. If you notice foul smelling vaginal discharge, you may take flagyl to treat it. If you do not develop BV symptoms, you do not have to fill the prescription.
- If you have severe abdominal pain or fever greater than 100.4, please call the office.
** Please call the office (215-6629775) to make a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks**